Not all dental clinics and teams are created equal.
It’s important to get to know as much as possible about a clinic’s team members when searching for a new dentist. Choosing Pearl District Dental ensures you’ll truly receive great care in a personable and friendly manner. From the moment you are greeted by name when you walk through our doors to the expert and compassionate care in our treatment rooms, our unified commitment to excellence will speak loud and clear. Dr. Mika and our team extensively research and invest in training, processes and technology to provide you with the most lasting, functional and naturally beautiful results.
As Dr. Mika Miyamoto-Shemali’s patient, you will benefit from her years of world-class advanced training programs completed in her pursuit to become a top restorative and cosmetic dentist. Not only will you receive exceptional results, you will find her chair-side manner and touch to be exceptional.
Dr. Mika, who is fluent in Japanese, received her dental degree from Oregon Health Sciences University and taught at her alma mater as a clinical instructor. In 2002, she opened her private practice, Pearl District Dental, in Portland, Oregon, where she continues her pursuit of dental perfection with each and every patient.
A few reasons you might choose Dr. Mika to be your dentist:
- Dr. Mika was selected as one of America’s Top Dentists by the Consumer’s Research Council of America for 2010, 2011, 2012 and again in 2013.
- Dr. Mika received an invitation from the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry to join their elite group of dentist mentors. This privilege is reserved for only 300 of the nation’s best cosmetic dentists and required extensive procedure demonstrations before a panel of world-class experts.
- In 2010, Dr. Mika served as a visiting instructor at the Spear Institute for Advanced Dental Education in the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry, donating her time to help other dentists achieve the highest level of excellence in their dental practices.
- In 2005, Dr. Mika became one of only a few dentists in Oregon to complete the post-graduate training program at the prestigious Pankey Institute. This is one of the world’s most respected postgraduate institutions that trains dentists to involve you, the patient, in treatment planning to ensure your desired results. In addition to offering world-class training in general dentistry, the Pankey Institute focuses heavily on the evaluation of the bite and placing restorations in a manner that will ensure or return bite harmony.
- Dr. Mika routinely completes significantly more continuing education hours than what is required.
Dental Hygienists work alongside the Dentist and our Hygienists often develop lasting relationships with many of our clients by ensuring our patient’s oral conditions are noted and cared for at each appointment.
“At Pearl District Dental, I am encouraged to do what is best for the patient and take the necessary time to do things right based on their personal needs and preferences.”
Marjan became a hygienist in 2003, which was inspired by the fulfillment she experienced from building relationships with patients through her work as a dental assistant since 1991. Marjan’s determination to treat each patient as a whole person, not just another mouth, led her to Pearl District Dental.
“The difference here is in the details. We go beyond what is required in every aspect of dentistry. Our records are more extensive to help us identify the slightest changes in a patient’s oral health. This allows us to work with the patient to proactively stop and/or reverse deterioration. Pearl District Dental also invests in important technological advancements which give me the opportunity to offer unique treatments.”
Marjan demonstrates her commitment to excellence by annually completing more than twice the number of continuing education hours required for dental hygienists.
As Marjan’s patient, you can relax knowing you are in capable, caring hands. With her guidance our patients leave with the tools needed to maintain a healthy smile at home. Marjan is fluent in Persian & Farsi.
Office Manager & Treatment Coordinator
“It is extremely important to me that each patient is treated with the respect and professionalism they deserve so that their total experience with Pearl District Dental is unrivaled to any other health care experience.”
Eli takes a personal interest in helping our patients understand treatment options to best achieve their personal goals. He utilizes his previous management experience in marketing, finance, and project management to ensure each member of the Pearl District Dental Team receives the leadership and logistical support they need to focus on providing you with the level of service and care you deserve. Eli is also fluent in Arabic.
“Many of our patients tell me they have experienced difficulty with their previous dental care not because of the actual work of the dentist or hygienist, but because they were not treated with respect – whether they truly did not understand their treatment risks and options, their comfort was not addressed before and during a procedure, financial options, costs, dental plan coverage and benefits were not explained properly, or their time commitment was not honored. That’s why we work closely with each patient to make sure all such concerns are addressed properly before they start treatment.”